In support of our client, Field Pipe Fitter to join their team on location near Wilson, NC. This is a contract to direct hire opportunity with the client.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Fit pipe as required for pipe welder.
- Determine routing and layout for piping systems that meets customer requirements.
- Determining the required tools, materials and fitting methods.
- Assembling, installing and repairing pipe components and systems according to specifications.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, and tools.
- Maintaining supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Preparing working materials by clamping, cutting or applying chemical solutions to piping.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment.
- Observing safety regulations
- Must have ability to pass pipe fitting test.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Able to use hand tools (measuring tape, level and channel lock), man lifts, platform lifts, forklifts, rigging and erecting equipment
- Able to work 10, 12-hour days
- Stand, walk and climb stairs up to 12 hours per day
- Stoop, bend, turn, twist and reach repeatedly throughout day
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs up and down ladders repeatedly
- Able to work in cold and hot environments
Must have reliable transportation. Combination Welder Fitter experience is preferred.
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity Employer