In support of our client, Certified Field Pipe Welder to join their team on location near Wilson, NC. This is a contract to direct hire opportunity with the client.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Determining the required tools, materials and welding methods.
- Assembling, installing and repairing pipe components and systems according to specifications.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, and tools.
- Maintaining supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Preparing working materials by clamping, cutting or applying chemical solutions to piping.
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth, and functional.
- Observing safety regulations.
- Must have ability to weld to a qualified procedure using SMAW (STICK) or GTAW (TIG)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- A 6G ASME test on 2-inch pipe will be required before starting work
- Able to use hand tools (measuring tape, level and channel lock), man lifts, platform lifts, forklifts, rigging and erecting equipment
- Able to work 10, 12-hour days
- Stand, walk and climb stairs up to 12 hours per day
- Stoop, bend, turn, twist and reach repeatedly throughout day
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs up and down ladders repeatedly
- Able to work in cold and hot environments
Must have reliable transportation. Combination Welder Fitter experience is preferred.
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity Employer