In support of our client, a leader in automotive manufacturing, we are seeking experienced Parts Quality Engineers located near Birmingham, AL. This is a long-term, consulting opportunity.
Under general supervision, this position supports the QM Battery Project as needed. Responsible to lead certain aspects of the project and bring teams together. Expected to independently drive assigned topics until resolution and provide regular status overviews.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in daily project alignment meetings and drive topics as needed.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and bring teams together until issues are fully resolved.
- Communicate directly with management and Team Members to answer, resolve, or provide guidance for all potential issues/ questions related to the battery project.
- Regularly update project summaries of concerns to provide clear status communication to the organization, highlighting risks.
- Drive the problem resolution process for process issues found.
- Track progress and timing of countermeasures.
- Escalate slow resolution of topics to ensure deadlines are met.
- Operates metrology equipment such as Zeiss CMM and Hexagon arms.
- Analyzes dimensional reports and provides feedback to the team.
- Performs programming changes in PolyWorks.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Metrology, or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Co-Op/ internship and/ or up to 2 years' professional experience in Metrology/CMM/Dimensional Tools and Analysis.
- Experience in PolyWorks or similar software needed in combination with mobile measurement arms
- Excellent language, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent skills/experience with coordination of time-critical processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated individual dedicated to customer satisfaction.
- Minimum intermediate level German language skills preferred.
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, PTO, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.