In support of our client, a leader in innovative network access products, ResourceTek is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
The ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic individual who is always willing to go the extra mile and think outside the box to complete tasks and projects. Provide support in all HR areas including employee relations, benefits, talent acquisition, and other areas as needed. Assist in informing employees of Human Resources policies and programs as needed. The ideal HR Assistant will also have an in-depth understanding of Human Resources practices and labor laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Complete miscellaneous research, reports, as requested.
- Ensure that Human Resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures
- Conduct audits of personnel matters.
- Process invoices
- Interface with Company Departments and personnel to handle HR related matters.
- Prepare Employment Verification letters memos as requested
- Performs miscellaneous administrative functions and special projects as assigned.
- Assist in organizing special events and employee meetings.
- Minimum 2 years in a HR support role.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Human Resources experience required.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.