In partnership with our client, a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking an Accounting Specialist to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Classify, record, reconcile and analyze business financial data related to taxes to maintain compliance and recommend business actions for continuous improvement.
- General Sales and Use Tax compliance and filing
- Raw Material exemption analysis and compliance
- Business Personal & Real Property Tax
- Income Tax support to outside accounting firm
- Some payroll tax support
- Audit support – Financial Statement, Insurance, Tax
- Alabama Tax Abatements and Exemptions
- Budget and month-end variance analysis
- General Ledger reconciliation and journal entries
- Miscellaneous business filings (e.g., 1099s, Dept of Commerce Surveys, BEA, Business License, etc.)
- Foreign Service Providers (e.g., W8s, 1042s)
- Communication and filing with regulatory agencies (city, state and federal)
- R&D Income Tax Credit research and documentation
- Miscellaneous tax and incentive filings and reporting
- Customer regulations and compliance (e.g., inventory reporting)
- Cares Act compliance – Deferred Social Security Repayment
- Emerging Tax Issue Research (e.g., fringe benefits, R&D rules, depreciation, etc.)
- High competency of Excel and ad hoc reporting
- ERP experience desired, Plex is plus
- Self-motivated individual
- Regular attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of applicable state, local, and federal laws
- Proficient personal computer and system software skills
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and adapt to changes in priorities and direction
- CPA with 3-5 years specializing in Tax preferred
- Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish goals and objectives
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.