In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Hot Strip Mill Power Systems and Drives Engineer to support the Hot Dip Galvanizing Lines at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will provide on-site electrical drives and power systems engineering expert-level support through theory and practice-based applications for continuous optimization of process improvement projects within the highly automated Hot Strip Mill to meet the business needs of company.
- Provide technical leadership and support in the following responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement projects to increase reliability, quality, and efficiency of the production process focusing on automatic control systems and associated field devices.
- Root cause failure analysis
- Planning improvement activities utilizing SAP software.
- Train, coach, and mentor maintenance technicians and operations team members
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and provide training within the maintenance and operations organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Drives certifications and knowledge; such as Siemens, Sinamics, and/or Simovert
- Minimum of 10 years’ direct experience with electrical drives and power systems in manufacturing, commissioning, or service for electrical automation systems, in steel or similar heavy industry
- Concept design experience; research and development for power systems and drives
- Extensive electrical theory applications experience
- Experience leading and training others in diagnostic and repair processes of large drive systems
- Proficiency with:
- Industrial process automation systems, with focus on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), such as Siemens S7, Siemens TIA Portal, logi.CAD
- Motor Control utilizing Variable Frequency Drives, including regulation via PLC systems
- Continuous optimization of process automation systems utilizing process data acquisition systems, such as ibaAnalyzer
- Solid knowledge of Industrial Safety Systems
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with Open Platform Communications (OPC) and OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA)
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Ability to develop and provide training within the maintenance and operations organization
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.