ResourceTek specializes in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
We are searching for a Machine Design Engineer to join our client’s machine design and engineering group located near Tullahoma, TN. This is a contract to hire or direct hire opportunity.
The selected Mechanical Engineer will have 5+ years of experience in the design of machinery or mechanical mechanisms. The selected candidate will work in a multidiscipline project team environment to develop custom design solutions to satisfy unique customer requirements. Typical projects include wind tunnel equipment, rocket and jet engine test stands.
Projects are often complex and multi-discipline. For the majority of assignments, mid-level engineers are issued specific objectives, approaches, and possible solutions by a supervising engineer. In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Independently perform project assignments that involve few complex features and can be guided by codes, standards, and other precedents of the discipline.
- Analyze and/or evaluate the results of an analysis using techniques prescribed by senior engineers or supervisors.
- Accomplish, complete tasks of limited scope, and solve problems which require investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and calculations.
- Coordinate the work of designer/drafters or junior engineers.
- May formally review the work of others for techniques and technical approach, specifically in area of your technical expertise.
- Supports interface development with other disciplines, working closely with structural, mechanical process, controls and instrumentation, and aerodynamics/fluid dynamics engineers.
- Produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, calculations, and specifications, as required.
- Design for small-scale fabrication & manufacturing (milling, turning, welding, laser-cutting, forming, etc.)
- Design for assembly & installation
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in employing GD&T/ASTM Y14.5 in detailed design drawings; understanding of tolerance, fits, and stack-up analysis
- Scope/Schedule/Budget management
- 3D CAD experience, Inventor or Solidworks preferred
- ANSYS experience
- Design for fiber-composites manufacturing (fiberglass, carbon fiber)
- FEA – thermal, non-linear, forced mode dynamics and multi-physics analysis, Ansys preferred
- Design experience with ASME B&PV Section VII, Div I & Div II
- Fluid Power – employing pneumatic/hydraulic cylinders, valve stand design, P&IDs, etc.
- Basic experience with machine instrumentation (proximity sensors, vision sensors, strain gauges, scales, etc.)
- Installation Support and Supervision – guiding and answering suppliers, sub-contractors and other trades questions from the office and on-site
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of common machine design elements: gears, bearings, belts, machine screws, chains, cams, linkages, gearmotors, servomotors, etc.
- Strong mechanical engineering analytical skills – kinematics, dynamics, stress/strain, power transmission, etc.
- FEA – static stress-strain, natural frequency
- B.S.M.E. from an accredited engineering school
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant Machine Design experience
- Experience in the following industries preferred
- Aerospace & Defense Mechanical Design
- Factory Automation (material handling, web handling, process automation, etc.)
ResourceTek provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, 401k participation, Flexspend and other supplemental benefits.
ResourceTek is an equal opportunity employer that believes strength is in diversity.