In partnership with our client, a leader in OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Cost Management Specialist to join their team near Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Initially will support the establishment and ramp-up of total company and departmental budgets and cash forecast functions at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Visualize actual vs budget cost for Assembly Manufacturing groups. Manage accounts and cost centers for all Assembly shops. Support Cost Kaizen activities. Provide detailed analysis for target variances.
- Work closely with Japanese team members.
- Responsible for creating actual vs. budget templates and analysis.
- Responsible for supporting cost improvement management activities.
- Responsible for tracking and visualizing manufacturing actual vs. budget cost.
- Study budget cost and lead PDCA activities.
- Work closely with all accounting functions and manufacturing departments.
- Complete monthly close activities related to costs.
- Create cost targets for variable accounts.
- Cross train other specialists as needed.
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally.)
- Support establishing the foundation of accounting and finance department such as policy setting and creating templates.
- Create standardized work and manuals for the operation and job above.
- Will interface with internal executives, managers, assistant managers, specialists, and group leaders cross-functionally as needed, to foster positive and clear channels of communication.
- Will participate in financial audits and visits as requested.
- Will be held accountable for achieving defined Individual and Continuous Improvement objectives related to cost management functions.
- Participation in accounting functions as needed.
- To strictly adhere to company Safety and other policies as documented.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Production/Industrial Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or business-related field required.
- 3-5 years Accounting or Production/Industrial Engineering Experience required.
- Experience with MS Excel required.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials or SAP/ERP preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of accounting regulations preferred.
- Excel experience (formulas, look-ups, tables) preferred.
- Experience with MS Word, Power Point, Outlook, Access Database preferred.
- Good communication skills preferred.
- Good analytical skills preferred.
Company offers excellent benefits including paid time off and Medical / Dental / Vision Insurances as well as a generously matched 401K.
Please apply today or reach out to one of our knowledgeable recruiters for more information.