In support of our client, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high value-added aluminum products and solutions, ResourceTek is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their team in Muscle Shoals, AL.
The right candidate will provide leadership to Maintenance, Reliability, and Engineering personnel as required, with an overall goal to improve facility and equipment reliability within his/her specific areas of responsibility. This is a direct hire opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and ensures compliance to all safety processes of all equipment and procedures within the plant.
- Manage the reliability and maintenance strategy to ensure equipment downtime is minimized and preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Develops and leads execution of an asset integrity process for all key equipment within the department on time and within budget.
- Ensure continuous improvement in equipment performance considering safety, quality, productivity, and reliability.
- Measure and ensure compliance to key machine KPI’s to drive the plant towards meeting objectives.
- Facilitate engineering project work.
- Provides leadership and guidance on engineering and reliability projects across a multi-disciplined, cross functional team (Electrical/Mechanical/Automation/Reliability)
- Coordinate Supervision, Proactive and Reactive technical resources to support a 24-hour Production Operation.
- Oversee execution of outages, planned and unplanned down time events and report accordingly.
- Oversee team effectiveness and training needs.
- Provides leadership in regard to all EHS related activities and be accountable for meeting safety goals for all areas assigned.
- Implements an established schedule of required inspections and build preventative maintenance programs of equipment, ensuring the schedule is completed or alternative arrangements are made.
- Ensures performance of inspections and preventative maintenance, without compromising safety or quality. Communicate any exceptions to proper personnel.
- Ensures that inspections are performed in accordance with established guidelines. Document’s findings and makes corrective recommendations for inspected equipment, including a detailed list of any observed or known safety concerns.
- Works with Procurement and other support functions to obtain needed materials to make necessary repairs; determine labor estimates, special tools, requirements, or hazards.
- Provides proper checklists and required forms for all inspection or service-related documentation.
- Provides daily supervision & support for technicians with guidance; audits techs on a regular basis to ensure highest level of safety and quality.
- Ensures the completion of inspection cards, GWPs, and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat, and legible manner and submits same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Develops and implements long term maintenance plan and/or root cause analysis.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Coaches and develops team.
- Ensures that technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the tasks and assignments can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Perform, understand, and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Ten years of experience in maintenance in a heavy manufacturing environment that utilizes automated equipment and operates 24/7; including managing large capital projects.
- Five years of maintenance supervisory experience in a similar environment
- Plant engineering experience and knowledge of operating departments
- Working knowledge of mechanical, automation, and electrical disciplines
- Experience with SAP Plant Maintenance is preferred
- Analytical skills – data analysis, schedule, and planning
- Must be strong in leadership, people management, and possess the ability to motivate a maintenance organization to achieve the highest standards of quality maintenance programs.
- Ability to make quick, calculated decisions based on past experiences and limited information.
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building.
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important.
- Teamwork and mutual trust
- Entrepreneurship and decisiveness
- Sense of urgency and decentralized decision making.
- Rigor and discipline
- Transparency and high standards of ethics
- Language fluency in English. French or German would be a plus.
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset.
- Ability to lead critical thinking root cause analysis with cross-functional groups. Must be able to both participate in team processes and to lead same.
- Must be able to effectively analyze and determine the best course of action among various technical, cost, and time dependent options. Ability to quickly evaluate situations and make timely decisions regarding operating priorities, material disposition, corrective actions, containment requirements, and communication strategy.
- Shares responsibility for equipment condition with Operations Manager who “own” the equipment. Department interacts continuously with input of management due to extreme urgency of production requirements.
- Develops budget proposals based on equipment condition assessments for both capital and major maintenance.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer.