In support of our client, a multi-discipline engineering firm, we are seeking a Civil Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire position and ideally the selected candidate will be located in OH, TN, AL or GA; however, this is a remote work position, so home base location is flexible.
The selected candidate will be heavily focused on the Department of Defense (DOD) clients. Experience with DOD projects and their associated engineering requirements (e.g., SpecsIntact, EISA 438, UFC, ATFP, etc.) is highly desired.
- Assists in project scope and budget development, as well as, assisting in project design.
- Supports PM providing technical leadership on civil-site projects including preparation of grading, drainage, site layout, utility, and erosion control plans.
- Engages permitting agencies, clients, and contractors as you participate in projects from the conceptual design stage all the way through construction.
- Reviews work of others for quality.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, permits, and designs for project.
- Assists in client contact and communication and attends client meetings.
- Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, and tests, in order to plan and design projects.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- In addition to DOD projects, you will also have the opportunity to work on other types of projects that range from large industrial developments to a new municipal park.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from accredited university
- 10 years' minimum experience in civil-site engineering with Federal Project experience
- PE registration
- Experience with civil site design and permitting and applicable software applications including hydrology modeling programs/storm drainage programs is required.
- Strong experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Client offers an excellent compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, paid holidays, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and more. Equal Opportunity Employer.