In support of our client, a multi-discipline engineering firm, we are seeking a Senior Transportation Project Manager located in Atlanta, GA. The selected candidate will provide direction and leadership to the Georgia-based transportation team. This is a direct hire opportunity based in Atlanta.
This is a career opportunity that encompasses growing, leading, and mentoring our local practice, with additional opportunities to support complementary initiatives across our firm’s geography. This position will partner closely with the Transportation Business Unit Director of Projects, who is also based in Georgia, to achieve the desired performance metrics for quality delivery, profitability, and growth.
- Support development and execution of the Transportation BU’s Business Plan that aligns with the firm’s Strategic Plan and annual performance objectives.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Director (BUD), Client Service Leaders (CSLs), and Marketing for the development and execution of client marketing plans, pursuit strategies, teaming agreements, proposals, and interviews.
- Effectively perform project management functions including but not limited to:
- Developing proposals and negotiating contracts.
- Developing and monitoring project schedules, budgets, billing, and collections.
- Providing technical oversight of projects to adhere to company Quality Program.
- Facilitating external and internal meetings during all project phases.
- Managing changes in scope and/or level of effort over the life of projects.
- Develop conceptual design solutions in response to client goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with technical discipline leaders to develop reports, designs, plans, and/or specifications for projects.
- Provide direction and supervision to assigned staff to ensure effective management of workload, performance, and professional development.
- Work with BUD to ensure that key skillsets and capabilities are in place to support current operational needs.
- Acquire and develop key capabilities through a combination of effective recruitment and workforce development. Collaborate with other departments to allocate resources on a firmwide basis and to share talent and work across the firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field is required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Georgia (or ability to obtain within six months) is required.
- Ten (10) years of related experience in transportation design/project management is required. Over fifteen (15) years of related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is required.
- Business development experience in the transportation industry is required.
- Strong design and technical credibility.
- Critical thinking skills along with the ability to conceptualize solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Strong teambuilding skills and ability to collaborate with other design disciplines.
Client offers an excellent compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurances, paid holidays, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and more. Equal Opportunity Employer.