ResourceTek's client, a global chemical manufacturing company, is seeking a Project Estimator in the Kingsport, TN area for a minimum 12 month assignemnt starting in July 2021.
Prepare capital estimates for industrial construction projects, all types (order of magnitude, engineering forecast estimates, appropriation estimates, change orders, control estimates)
• Interface with project team to understand project scope before estimating the project.
• Interface with contractor and Owner teams to gather information required to build estimates
• Present estimates to project team & project management that allow decisions to be made on corporate growth initiatives and corporate strategy as well as project approvals.
• Create, review, and validate domestic and international estimates for Owner (Chemical Industry).
• Develop and maintain Aspen Capital Cost Estimator database and Owner estimating system - EstWeb. Remain up to date and current on latest software technology and industry cost and estimating trends.
• Monitor escalation forecasts and inflationary pressures on capital costs
• Conduct Risk Analysis on project estimates
Maintain estimating processes and procedures
• Engineering, Business, or Accounting Degree, preferred, but not required
• Must be willing to travel.
• Advanced proficiency with the applicable software applications (i.e., Microsoft Office - especially Excel) to provide information and analysis of project data.
• Experience with Aspen Captial Cost Estimator and Owner's ESTWeb tool is considered a plus.
• Craft field experience and the ability to read Engineering Drawings and Models is considered a plus
• Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines while managing priorities are critical skills for this position.
• The ability to effectively communicate complex project estimates and reports to project teams and project management is critical.
• The ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
Work schedule is full-time, working 2 weeks in the on-site engineering office and then 2 weeks working remotely from home; alternating every 2 weeks. Candidates local to the Upper East Tennessee, TriCities area with previous Eastman Chemical Plant experience are preferred.