In support of our client, a leader in automotive OEM, we are seeking an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer located near Birmingham, AL. This is a long-term, multi-year contract opportunity.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for process capability and product quality of the supplier locations from the development phase to start of production (SOP) through the end of the life cycle by collaborating cross-functional partnerships within the company (worldwide) and with suppliers within the North America region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the supplier evaluation and qualification of suppliers before awarding (i.e., VDA Potential Analysis)
- Facilitate and help lead the supplier in the advanced product quality planning (APQP) of new product project following the maturity level assurance process (VDA-RGA)
- Use quality tools/system necessary for NPP (i.e., ABC Classification, Q-Planning, Husky, START)
- Perform VDA 6.3 process audit at the supplier and maintain follow-up audits and schedule accordingly.
- Production process and product approval (PPA) according to VDA 2.
- Perform and monitor supplier performance to client targets and standards.
- Annual check of the suppliers' process and product of safety and certification relevant parts (i.e., Requalification)
- Establish and monitor supplier key process indicator (KPI) to ensure supplier performance is achieved.
- Work with supplier to Investigate, analyze and correct supplier problems and countermeasure activities according to 8D methodology.
- Provide lessons learned from current running series to improve future projects.
- Facilitate improvement phase using problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Manage international production part supplier (in North America region) regarding quality concerns and change implementation.
- Ensure process planning and cross-functional activities to achieve the quality, safety, and production goals of MBC.
- Travel frequently to suppliers within North America region.
- Perform safe work practices and participate in trainings and safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety rules, procedures, regulations, standards, and laws.
- Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human Resources.
- Work safely 100% of the time.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in Engineering within Original Equipment Manufacturing or a Tier 1 Supplier.
- Strong planning and problem skills required using established methodologies including 8-D, 5-Why, etc.
- Strong communication skills are required, as well the ability to communicate complex topics into a cross-functional and cross –cultural environment.
- Capable of using hand measurement tools (i.e., calipers, micrometers).
- PPAP and audit experience.
- Working knowledge in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Maturity Level Assurance (VDA-RG), Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Expertise in requested commodity.
- Experience in leading task forces.
- Six-Sigma greenbelt/blackbelt preferred.
- VDA 6.3 as well as tooling knowledge preferred.
- Foreign language skills – German or Spanish preferred.
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.