In support of our client, a leading provider of network software and hardware-based solutions, ResourceTek is seeking a Process Engineer Technician to join their team in Huntsville, AL. The right candidate will be responsible for supporting new products into production. This is a long-term, contract-to-hire opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist New Product Engineers in supporting new products into production. This includes reviewing circuit board layouts for DFM issues, reliability, and testability using CAD software, reviewing the physical prototypes, and providing hands on support of in-house prototype and initial production builds.
- Document Design for Manufacturability (DFM) issues related to printed circuit board layout, BOM structure & content, and Mechanical Assy in a DFM report in coordination with responsible New Product Engineer. Maintain database as issues are resolved and subsequent board revisions occur.
- Maintain New Product Engineering checklists and work tools used during product development & release process.
- Review of Bill OF Materials (BOM’s) and assembly drawings for accuracy and content.
- Perform root cause analysis of a variety of problems, evaluate options, and effectively implement corrective action with the assistance of NPE Engineers.
- Maintenance of Operations Product Introduction Team (OPIT) schedules, document action items, and lead OPIT team meetings as needed.
- Create Detailed Operations Plan (DOP) meeting agendas and document meeting action items and minutes for distribution to attendees.
- Creation of visual process aides (e.g., digital images) and rework/conversion instructions as needed.
- Write Engineering Change Order Requests and Deviations/Waivers as required.
- Support Manufacturing and Quality during prototype and pilot builds, documenting issues found and assisting with problem resolution.
- Research and resolve packaging and labeling issues on prototype and production builds.
- Support ODM/OEM product development and release to include verifying BOM structure, setting up Item Data, and review product Spec accuracy and content.
- Perform data collection in support of NPE projects and assignments.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate Degree in Electronics or Manufacturing preferred.
- 2-5 years of previous experience in the assembly and/or testing of (preferably IPC Class 2 or 3) electronics is required.
- Working knowledge of electronics (IPC Class 2 or 3 preferred) manufacturing processes, e.g., solder paste printing, component placement, reflow soldering, wave soldering, etc. required.
- Basic knowledge of assembly specifications such as IPC-A-610 and/or J-STD-001 required.
- Basic understanding of DFM (Design for Manufacturability) methodologies and best practices, experience with Bills of Material (BOM), assembly drawings, and mechanical drawings are required.
- Intermediate Microsoft skills including Word, Excel, and BaaN ERP is required.
- Experience with Oracle Discoverer and/or Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Experience with CAD software, e.g., Cadence, Mentor Graphics is preferred.
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.