In partnership with our client, industry-leading provider of general contracting and design-build services for the federal government, we are seeking experienced Construction Superintendent to support our client in Tennessee. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be experienced Construction Superintendent to run multi-million-dollar construction projects. A successful candidate should have a strong background in general contracting and managing subcontractors with expertise in federal government contracting and/or medical facility construction.
- Advocates safety as number one priority on the jobsite and enforces compliance with company and jobsite safety plan and policies and all safety-related regulations.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications, and addenda.
- Partners with Estimating, Division Management, and Project Management to supervise, direct, and coordinate management of construction projects, including direct liaison with owner, designers, and subcontractors to ensure efficient and orderly performance of the job.
- Develops and implements detailed schedules and production plans with budget and safety goals in mind.
- Responsible for daily reports, progress reports, compliance reports, and logs. Review Subcontractor’s Daily Reports of work done, and labor and materials employed.
- Chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with the Subcontractors and issue minutes to the Project Manager.
- Review and approve Subcontractor’s monthly request for payment.
- Review and approve all time and material work vouchers and vendor invoices.
- Oversees the review of plans and drawings in accordance with contract documents and the coordination of shop drawings.
- Procures tools and materials needed for the project to ensure availability according to the work schedule.
- Considers staffing levels and timing considering building methodology as well as the availability of tools and equipment for each phase of the construction project.
- Works with supervisory personnel and employees, engineers, architects, subcontractors, inspectors, and supplier of tools and materials to improve construction methods and resolve construction issues.
- Examines contract drawings, specifications, and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations and bring these to the addition of the Project Manager who will review with the Architect.
- Ensures construction schedules are adhered to by considering appropriate staffing levels and material and tool procurement.
- Supervises and coordinates subcontractors to monitor their compliance with subcontract terms.
- Follows and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees regulatory inspection.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant construction experience.
- Current knowledge and ability to apply relevant local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and to present information to top management, owners, subcontractors, and other outside entities.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- People management skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate preferred.
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.