In partnership with our client, industry-leading provider of general contracting and design-build services for the federal government, we are seeking experienced Construction Project Manager to support our client in Tennessee. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in general contracting and managing subcontractors with expertise in federal government contracting and/or medical facility construction.
- Overall responsibility for project owner satisfaction and project financial performance.
- Work with field management to generate job specific safety plan for the project.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Owner, Engineer and Architect.
- Work with Pre-Construction and Field Supervision to identify and implement all contract deliverables, quality testing, and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for prequalifying subcontractors.
- Responsible for analyzing bids and complete subcontractor and material/ equipment supplier buy-out.
- Prepare contracts to include detailed scopes of work.
- Create staging, logistics, and phasing plan for project.
- Lead coordination of subcontractors.
- Responsible for project startup, including obtaining permits and licenses and managing jobsite mobilization.
- Facilitate subcontractor pre-mobilization/startup meetings.
- Issue and administer subcontracts (payments, insurance, bond, safety, haz-com, etc.) and purchase orders for multiple trades.
- Responsible for the development, planning, and updating of overall project schedule. Attend/direct regular job scheduling meetings. Working Knowledge of Primavera P6 (preferred).
- Coordinate and track Request for Information (RFI’s), Request for Proposals (RFP’s), and Change Orders.
- Lead responsibility for project quality control plan implementation and compliance.
- Prioritize, review, and expedite submittals.
- Expedite material deliveries according to project schedule requirements.
- Develop and administer subcontractor and purchase order change orders.
- Review projections, labor reports, safety documents, and schedules on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve material/equipment invoices according to project budget.
- Prepare payment requests and monitor collections.
- Attend and run OAC progress meetings.
- Enter and update information in project management software (job status reports, projections, change orders, and RFI’s).
- Manage and oversee job close-out documentation and procedures (closeout documents, final job report, and final accounting).
- Mentor and train assistant project managers and co-op/intern students.
- This position reports to the General Manager of Construction Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering, or related field. Building Construction degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' construction experience.
- Able to perform Project Manager duties proficiently.
- Experience managing all aspects of construction projects including architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical.
- Understanding of financial accounting systems.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Conflict resolution skills and experience with successfully resolving disputes.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize resources.
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate, as both may be required.
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.