In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking experienced IT Engineer Production Systems – Steel Making to support our client’s new steelmaking facility near Mobile, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will lead the implementation of production systems, working with end users and other functional analysts/developers to support development and maintenance of information systems, including manufacturing execution system (MES), production planning/scheduling, quality/lab management and other supporting applications to meet the business goals of our client.
- Actively participating in all phases of the life cycle implementation including blueprinting, mapping, prototype, design, configuration, testing, go-live, and user training.
- Working in a team-oriented environment, communicating effectively and appropriately with other developers working in the same code base, as well as team members and vendors both internal and external to the organization
- Coordinating and instructing user acceptance testing procedures with both functional analysts in the Production Systems team and end users of developed solutions
- Conducting code review to maintain code standards within the team, participating in review of own code.
- Reviewing existing code for bad design architecture and security flaws
- Conducting administration, development, technical support, and deployment of MES, as well as other software required by production and operations systems.
- Providing software configuration and customization including, but not limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5 years of experience in IT/Software Development; 10 years preferred.
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Strong ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Proficiency with relational database design (Oracle or SQL Server preferred.)
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Capable of analyzing technical information and quickly learning new technical skills.
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in process manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience with electric arc furnace, production planning, and/or quality systems preferred.
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.