In support of our Client, a southeastern based chemical manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking an Instrumentation & Electrical Technician for a Direct Hire opportunity located in Northeastern Georgia and starting immediately.
Instrumentation & Electrical Technician (I&E Tech)
To perform, or is capable of performing, I&E Technician work in multiple plants, as well as perform preventative maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities
● Complies with all corporate and plant policies, procedures, guidelines, and work instructions pertaining to safety.
● Maintains a thorough working knowledge of plant and keeps current with instrumentation technology advancements through seminars and training schools.
● Reads electrical drawings, PFD’s, P&IDs, logic diagrams,
● Installs, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers) and DCS’s (Distributed Control Systems)
● Maintains / troubleshoots electronic and pneumatic control loops and equipment on routine or emergency basis
● Checks and troubleshoots motor controls and motors, changing out bad motors
● Operates, repairs and maintains 460 Volt, 2300 Volt and 12,470 Volt distribution systems under supervision of the Supervisor
● After proper approval from Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Project Engineer, modifies and revises existing programs and control loops for optimum performance
● After proper approval from Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Project Engineer, updates all schematics, ladder diagrams, loop drawings and P&ID’s whenever changes are made.
● Performs preventive maintenance (PM’s) when scheduled.
● Threads, cuts, bends and installs conduits for new electrical installations
● Troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates control valves of all sizes
● Assists in and performs other I&E / Maintenance functions as directed or required
● Responds to call-outs for after hour service
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this job include:
● Associates Degree in Instrumentation is preferred
● Trade school and or 5 years’ experience in chemical plant instrument and electrical maintenance
● Mechanical aptitude and ability
● Must be able to communicate in English
● Proficiency in operation of manual and power-driven tools and equipment
● Ability to read blueprints and to apply shop mathematics
● Proficiency in performing required operation, sequences and tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy
This position has exposure to the chemical production area of the plant. Hard hats and safety
glasses are required on the production floor and area at all times. Must be able to work in a
warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32°F up to 105°F as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
Physical demands consisting standing, and walking. Physical requirements involve 25% sitting,
75% walking/standing, and minimum lifting requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and
Must be able to:
● Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects tools or controls
● See and hear in the normal range with or without correction
● Communicate and be understood verbally and in written form
● Ability to lift and carry up to up to 50 pounds, frequently.
● Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
● Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet, on occasion.
● Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32 up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
● Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
● Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching
● Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to SOP for facial hair guidelines.
● Able to work in a non-smoking, tobacco free site
● Ability to wear all required PPE including FR uniform, safety footwear, and arc-flash (HRC 4) suits.
This position has no other employees that reports directly to them