In support of our Client, a southeastern based chemical manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking a Director of Engineering and Mechanical Integrity for a Direct Hire opportunity located in the Northeast Georgia area and starting immediately.
The Director of Engineering and Mechanical Integrity is responsible for the safe operation, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), and mechanical integrity of all Client assets. The Director will lead the Mechanical Integrity and Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Programs and function as Project Manager for large projects. The Director will oversee technical expense budgets and provide technical leadership of plant engineers.
Duties and responsibilities
• Reports to and coordinates with VP of Operations
o To develop technical expense budgets and capital plans
o To calculate cost-justification and ROI of proposed projects
o To design and execute large projects
o To develop, administer, and track effectiveness of Preventive/Predictive Maintenance program for the all assets
o To develop, administer, and track effectiveness of the Mechanical Integrity program ensuring compliance with applicable standards and RAGAGEP (Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices)
o To function as administrator of CMMS (computerized maintenance management system)
o To implement career development plans for engineering and maintenance team
• Coordinates with Plant Manager(s)
o To ensure effectiveness of execution of daily plant engineering tasks, corrective maintenance activities, process improvements, and small project execution.
• Coordinates with EHSS group
o To support all aspects of the Process Safety Management program
o To function as subject-matter expert in Process Hazard Analyses
o To function as gatekeeper and ensuring compliance with applicable standards and RAGAGEP for the PHA/MOC/MI processes
o To ensure that plants continuously meet environmental standards including air emissions, wastewater, stormwater, etc.
o To perform root-cause analyses on safety-related non-conformances and incidents
• Coordinate with Development group
o To support product and process development process
o To support process hazard analyses of new products
o To support introduction of new products to operations
o To ensure that equipment and materials of construction are optimized for new products
• Coordinate with Quality group
o To approve improvement plans from root-cause analyses on quality-related non-conformances and incidents
o To approve improvement plans and improve product yields
o To approve manufacturing cycle time improvement projects.
o To improve quality of first quality
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this job include:
• A bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline (10+ years experience in reactive chemical manufacturing preferred)
• Advanced degree and/or Professional Engineering licensure preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented; market knowledge and professionalism a must
• Professional business demeanor; Initiative and a positive attitude
• Proficient in use of software and computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. (AutoCAD proficiency preferred)
• Competent reading and speaking the English language.
Work in both an office setting and in the plant is required.
Physical demands are moderate, consisting of sitting, standing, frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders, exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity. Must be able to:
• Regularly repeat the same movements when entering data
• Communicate and be understood verbally and in written form
• Wear PPE which includes hard-hat, safety glasses/goggles, full-face respirator, FR clothing, and safety shoes.
Corporate engineer(s), Plant engineer(s), Project manager(s)/engineer(s) (internal/external)