In support of our client, a leader in the steel industry and a global supplier of titanium alloy products, ResourceTek is seeking Lean Manufacturing Specialists to join their team in Clearwater, FL. The right candidates will have prior knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean Manufacturing operations. This is a direct hire opportunity with a top industry leader.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position will assist our operations through the Lean journey by working with the Lean Transformation team and other key stakeholders. Additionally, the Lean Manufacturing Specialist will provide support that focuses on the implementation and enhancement of the Company Model, including but not limited to: problem solving supported by leaders, standard work, Gemba, and continuous improvement thinking. This position will also assist with the development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of efficient manufacturing processes and workflows. This is a hands-on role and will support the day-to-day efforts toward the achievement of the strategic plan objectives.
· Suggest hands-on process improvements using a combination of Lean Manufacturing with a focus towards optimizing labor resources and systems, flow creation, 5S and waste reduction.
· Facilitate value stream mapping.
· Organize, implement, and maintain production process flow. Improve existing operations for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost savings. Investigate operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions.
· Provide manufacturing data i.e., production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target outcome.
· Assist in identifying ways to reduce production inefficiencies through recommendations such as: new processes, elimination of waste, machinery enhancements.
· Provide assistance on the development and documentation of KPI’s and systems designed to sustain and drive continuous improvement using Carpenters Operating Model.
· Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate growth.
· Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
· BA/BS degree in Engineering, Project Management of related field required.
· 3+ years of successful lean implementation experience with proven record of sustainable results.
· Prior knowledge / experience with the Toyota Production System is preferred.
· Ability to travel to other locations within a specified region.
· Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred.
· Extensive job-related experience with LEAN Operating Model Deployment preferred.
· Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying and eliminating waste using applicable tools and analysis.
· Proven coaching, facilitation, and organizational skills with a track record of successful change management. Should have team building and rapid execution abilities.
· Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving skills, and strong analytical skills with the ability to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract information.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must be proactive, creative and a hands-on change agent.
· Self-motivated and ability to “think on your feet” when working and a “can do” approach to work. Self-starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on their own initiative with limited guidance.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer.