In partnership with our client, a leader in automotive OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Team Member Labor Relations Assistant Manager to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity with large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturer.
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of engineering at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching, and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion.
- Establish department KPI’s and systems to track and visualize results.
- Work closely with Japanese team members.
- Support the Human Resource Department's Floor Management Systems objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), follow-up with management and Team Members on open items, meet with Team Members on overall job satisfaction, investigate and respond to hotline calls, concern resolutions, counsel Group Leaders or Team Members on questions, problem-solve top issues and address allegations of policy violations.
- Advocate for team members and for the company.
- Support and communicate team member viewpoints.
- Build relationships with team members.
- Support and communicate company Manufacturing viewpoints.
- Promote continuous improvement and team member engagement.
- Partner with section management.
- Build relationships with and support section leadership and team members, including morale sensing.
- Understands section operations.
- Develop management staff to ensure positive morale.
- Manage standardized investigation practices.
- Manage projects that relate to investigations and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s.)
- Investigate policy violations.
- Ensure consistent policy implementation.
- Offer problem resolution assistance.
- Be available to rotate between day and night shifts.
- Be available to work outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally.)
- Bachelor's degree in HR, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- HR Team Member Relations / Employee Relations experience.
- Experience in a role using conflict management and negotiation skill.
- Ability to apply interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.