ResourceTek's client is looking for 3 – 4 Instrumentation & Controls professionals who can specify instrumentation for projects in the Kingsport, TN area. This is a 6 month minimum assignemnt starting around the first of June 2021.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Independently performs Instrument Engineering Design activities for all phases of Instrument development and equipment design for a project of moderate size and complexity. Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Instrument Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods, and procedures. Assignments have objectives requiring the investigation of a number of variables.
• Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
• Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
• Meets with clients’ technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
• Communicates equipment design to client and other design disciplines.
• Participates in plant start-ups and field assignments as required.
Work schedule is full-time, working 2 weeks in the on-site engineering office and then 2 weeks working remotely from home; alternating every 2 weeks. Candidates local to the Upper East Tennessee, TriCities area with previous Eastman Chemical Plant experience are preferred.