In partnership with our client, a leader in automotive OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Body Weld Logistics Group Lead to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity with a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Lead the establishment and ramp-up of body weld.
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion.
- Collaborate with Japanese team members.
- Manage material flow and ensure parts are delivered to the proper drop locations in the production areas.
- Create area strategy relative to manufacturing functions.
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery
- Daily coordination and logistics with On-Site suppliers
- Ensure that policies, practices, standards, and programs are consistent.
- Promote a diverse work environment.
- Direct and coordinate the storage and distribution of raw materials and supplies within the Weld shop.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the production team at all levels to ensure great communications and understanding of both floor side and plant issues.
- Direct staff to ensure the production goals are met while maintaining or enhancing Safety and Quality.
- Manage new model development and logistics systems.
- Give vivid directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit.
- Support A/M's with management priorities through Hoshin to ensure strong process and results KPI’s.
- Support the development of delivery routes and component packaging.
- Promptly identify and analyze process related problems.
- Make decisions/recommendations and take prompt action.
- Develop and implement efficient team member focused process control systems.
- Manage ID Equipment Bottlenecks & countermeasure
- Process kaizen
- Create Area strategy, relative to manufacturing functions, and then assisting team in translating those strategies into actions.
- Associates Degree preferred, not required
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- 5+ years professional experience in logistics
- Automotive manufacturing experience
- Cross-functional understanding of Automotive manufacturing
- Experience in a strategic leadership role (15+ team members)
- HR policy administration experience as it relates to floor management.
- Project management experience
- Experience in Conveyance operations
- Technical/Logistics functional knowledge
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.