In partnership with our client, a large steel manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking a Mechanic to join their team near Hartsville, SC. This is a direct hire opportunity with a top industry leader.
- Develop, maintain, and implement an effective and efficient Preventive Maintenance program in order to anticipate/prevent equipment failures.
- Trouble-shoot and diagnose manufacturing and support systems and makes effective repairs in an efficient manner to get equipment back into operation as quickly as possible.
- Follow established safety procedures, including wearing PPE and lock-out/tag out procedures.
- Test modified or new equipment to ensure proper and safe operation before turning equipment over to the production operators.
- Understand the plant lubrication system and use applicable techniques to maintain/repair the system.
- Maintain and trouble-shoot pipe, hydraulic, pumping, and pneumatic systems.
- Calibrate and align production equipment, including motors, gear boxes, gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Set up and operate a variety of stationary machine tools to fabricate or repair machine parts, jigs, fixtures, and tools.
- Install, inspect, and trouble-shoot bearings for production equipment, and other support equipment as is applicable.
- Repair and maintain plant infrastructure, including utilities (water, air, electrical, gas and propane).
- Operate welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Operate mobile equipment as necessary in the performance of maintenance duties.
- Assist in the training of other production and maintenance employees.
- Always follow established and common-sense housekeeping.
- Read and understand system drawings, i.e., assembly drawings, piping, P & ID, layout, etc.
- Maintain and trouble-shoot furnace combustion system.
- Maintain, trouble-shoot, and calibrate electro/mechanical control systems.
- Other duties may be assigned, including but not limited to housekeeping, cross training and operator level maintenance in support of equipment operation.
- Attention to safety according to specific training and safety rules.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, closely related field, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Class III Mechanic (12 – 18 months)
- Complete plan for technical development of chosen specialty
- Develop Safety Standards for a major project, i.e., Lock-Out/Tag-Out
- Thorough understanding of the two major manufacturing processes
- Develop a PM schedule for a major manufacturing process.
- Calibration training
- Advanced hydraulics training
- Electrical basics training
- Complete PMs
- Respond to trouble calls.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer.