In support of our client, a large steel manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking an NDT Engineer - Level III to join their team near Latrobe, PA. The right candidate will assist in the review, interpretation, and preparation of non-destructive testing requirements and procedures. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Assists in the training of personnel as related to NDT Personnel Qualification and Certification programs for qualifying operators.
- Interfaces with customers and other third-party auditors regarding technical questions related to NDT.
- Supports NDT operations by providing training and troubleshooting as required.
- Reviews and approves certifications from outside testing sources.
- Participates in the improvement and standardization of NDT processes, equipment and instrumentation based on company best practices.
- Interacts with product metallurgists to improve product quality.
- Implements process controls (SPC) to establish and maintain process capability using statistical methods.
- Participates in external and internal audits of NDT operations.
- Assists with third party audits of NDT operations such as customer, AS9100 and Nadcap audits
- Helps to establish a framework for gathering and synthesizing data to effectively detect and solve quality issues to prevent recurrence using appropriate quality strategies, tools, and techniques.
- Participate in developing and implementing new NDT equipment and processes.
- Makes recommendations to establish and implement preventive maintenance, calibrations, tests, analyses, and evaluation of NDT processes.
- Assists in maintaining records, logs, and other formal documentation required for specific nondestructive calibrations, evaluations, and certification.
- Participates in the establishment of the qualification program for nondestructive testing personnel and procedures.
- Reviews nondestructive testing specifications accompanying customer orders or inquiries and assists in the review of specification abstracts.
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements for projects or teams
- Effectively manages projects or teams, including the coordination of outside resources.
- Ensures a safe workplace.
- Complete all other duties, tasks, and projects as requested.
- Four- year college technical degree or demonstrated equivalent experience as determined by NDT management.
- Qualified and certifiable to NDT Level III in the UT Method as defined in SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with various customer specifications as determined by NDT management.
- Expert knowledge of:
- NDT system management
- NDT audit and corrective action processes
- Root cause problem solving
- Ability to operate a computer workstation and various software programs to support and continuously improve the audit process.
- Demonstrated experience in providing guidance, assistance, and expertise to others in the form of training, coaching, and facilitating the audit process.
- Ability to develop the NDT audit schedule and comply with planned arrangements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include written, verbal and listening.
- Possess working knowledge of statistical process control methods.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Certification in other NDT methods
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, patience, self-discipline, non-bias, honesty, resilience, professionalism, and an analytical mindset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to work independently of others and be self-directive and goal oriented.
- Ability to work in a team as the Team Leader or on the team with other auditors (when required)
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer.