In partnership with our client, a leader in commercial automotive vehicles and engines manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Lead - Long Block Engine Assembly to join their team near Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Support Advanced Manufacturing Engineering in engine manufacturing layout, equipment purchases, and installation and then transition to day-to-day production activities to help meet customer product demand.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Be voice of manufacturing to product development.
- Provide Technical Expertise to quality department.
- React to machinery uptime issues and drive towards permanent, cost effective, and long-term solutions.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Standardizes manufacturing processes by benchmarking other facilities’ manufacturing processes.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Assist in the accomplishment of plant quality objectives.
- Follow up on the implementation of engineering changes and variations from design specifications as well as new program developments.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Initiates, develops, and pursues capital appropriation projects.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- This position is an active on the floor support position which could entail standing for long periods of time.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in product manufacturing OR Master’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in product manufacturing OR at least 7 years of experience in product manufacturing
- Must have previous assembly experience, preferably in engine or heavy equipment manufacturing.
- Strong CAD experience, AutoCAD and NX Team Center preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer usage including MS Office. Must be able to learn internal applications (Pilgrim, etc.)
- Must have thorough mechanical understanding of machines, tools, vehicles, and their design.
- Travel 25%.
- Must be able to work well in energetic manufacturing environment with positive attitude, ethics, and International Values.
- Must demonstrate advanced reasoning skills, problem sensitivity, and data analysis.
- Must have advanced mathematical skills; be able to use engineering judgment and critical thinking.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed.
- 3D modeling experience
- DC tool Knowledge
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.