Sr. Process Engineer
In support of our client, a tier one automotive supplier, we are searching for a Sr. Process Engineer to join their engineering team in Griffin, GA. This is a direct hire opportunity for a mid to senior-level experienced engineer who enjoys hands-on engineering.
In this role, the selected candidate will join a team of engineers responsible for process improvement projects including the installation and modification of new and existing equipment throughout the manufacturing facility. Will see engineering projects through from cradle to grave and will be responsible for project funding requests, budgeting, designing, purchasing, scheduling, supervising installations and startups as well as maintaining the facility's equipment.
- Leads projects or processes of diverse scope, while working independently with limited supervision
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals
- Supports continuous improvement/automation activities
- Designs equipment and processes to ensure most efficient and productive operations
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials and operating equipment
- Determines process design by balancing process cost, yield, and material waste considerations
- Conducts tests throughout all stages of processing to determine control over applicable variables and prevents/solves process problems
- Supports relationships through strong communication and negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders
- B.S. or foreign degree equivalent in an Engineering discipline, Physics, Mathematics, and / or Masters in Business Administration
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in a manufacturing plant, and / or service support of equipment and manufacturing processes
- Good organizational and project management skills required
- Experience with 3D CAD software required
- Rubber manufacturing experience
- Process Engineering experience
- Proficiency in statistical analysis techniques, data collection and analysis, problem solving to include Six Sigma Tools
- Experience in training other teammates in rubber manufacturing processes
Industry leading compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a commitment to employee development and technical training make this a great place to start and finish your career.