In partnership with our client, a global leader in the steel industry, we are seeking an experienced Procurement Analyst Capital Investments at their manufacturing facility near Mobile, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will work in a transactional, large volume, deadline-driven procurement environment, advancing the procurement activities of large capital investments and services to meet the business goals.
- Evaluate, qualify, and accurately select suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost, and capability.
- Prepare, negotiate, execute, manage, and coordinate agreements for assigned commodities and/or services.
- Ensure plant needs and requirements are met while maintaining strong communication lines and high level of customer service with internal customers and suppliers.
- Develop cost reduction strategies and identify non-value-added activities related to categories; Present and implement cost-savings ideas and opportunities.
- Research assigned markets and understand the associated processes, knowledge of potential suppliers, and their capabilities.
- Process a high volume of requisitions from multiple areas for assigned categories.
- Assist in obtaining quotes, analyzing bids, and issuing purchase orders and expedites.
- Collaborate with departments for problem resolution, such as invoice discrepancies, non-conforming material, and proof of delivery.
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Procurement role, to include at least 2 years working with large capital investments; steel industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of and ability to read legal contracts; proficient understanding preferred
- Strong working knowledge of large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Solid analytical skills
- Proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Market and industry research/analysis techniques
- Strategic sourcing best practices
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Project Management
- Ability to interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Identifies the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Company provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.