In partnership with our client, a global leader in the steel industry, we are seeking an experienced LMF and RH Process Technology Engineer – Steel Making at their Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for process technology improvements and support for Steelmaking Operations; leading continuous improvement, focus on long term improvements and CAPEX projects cost benefit analysis. Continuously improve Department and Plant Safety Performance.
- Assure the safety and environmental compliance of the Melt Shop. Generate continuous improvement for Safety and Environmental best practices.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain Grade Practice Sheets for Ladle Metallurgy Furnace (LMF) and Degasser.
- Coordinate the Alloy program, routinely monitoring Alloy performance.
- Lead the Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) Flux/Slag Build usage projects.
- Support Lab Analysis of Steel Chemistry (OES and LECO’s) and assists in Cleanliness Studies.
- Coordinate launch of New Grades and Grade Trials.
- Routinely publish LMF and Vacuum Degassing key performance indicator (KPI) data including Energy and Flux Consumption, Timing, Temperature & Final Chemistry; Perform pareto analysis.
- Conduct and evaluate production and process trials.
- Participation in fact finding and extraordinary data measuring in cases of insufficient regular measurement instrumentation when necessary for trials.
- Conduct Training as needed in areas of LMF and Degasser Operations, Alloys and Steel Cleanliness.
- Provide a technical & process expertise for complex Root Cause Analysis
- Develop and monitor LMF & RH KPIs
- Establish interface with quality and customer service teams to better understand customer needs.
- Demonstrate and promote the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfill the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fulfill the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect.
- B.S. in Materials, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering or related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in steel making
- Advanced process control knowledge
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office and SAP
- Technical knowledge of steel making preferred.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodology preferred.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism.
Company provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.