In partnership with our client, a global leader in the steel industry, we are seeking an experienced Caster Operations Process Engineer – Steel Making at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will lead process support for the Caster in the Steelmaking facility, providing guidance to shift crews to produce good quality slabs according to the most up-to-date, state-of-the art procedures, to meet the business goals of the company.
- Monitor and evaluate caster performance, to include production, cost, and quality key performance indictors (KPI's); Identify appropriate counter measures in case of non-achievement of KPI's.
- Optimize Caster productivity, capacity, energy, and consumption by monitoring industry best practices for caster processes.
- Collaborate with Technology team to perform product trials; Provide process expertise to technology team for improvement project implementation.
- Interface and communicate with maintenance team members and other members of steel making facility, to include EAF, LMF, RH, and Refractory.
- Write and update work instructions for casters operations; Organize related HIRAC review.
- Take ownership to seek and correct issues generating slab non-quality.
- Coordinate slab scarfing activities with scarfing contractor.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure caster complies with environmental and safety regulations.
- Demonstrate and promote company’s Purpose and Values: Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability.
- Lead/participate in incident root cause analysis and corrective actions for failures, to include safety incidents, environmental deviations, quality deviations and production losses.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an engineer, specialist, or similar position in a caster.
- Basic technical knowledge of Caster required; advanced technical knowledge of Caster preferred.
- Strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills to include SAP and Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint).
- Technical knowledge of Melt Shop preferred.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Company provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.