In support of our client, a large steel manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking a Maintenance Department Manager to join their team in Reading, PA. The right candidate will be responsible for leading all areas using the RCM and TPM methodology and a systematic problem-solving approach. This is a direct hire opportunity.
They will be accountable for overseeing the optimization of the machinery and equipment reliability to ensure achievement of operational plans for various areas throughout the Mill. The Maintenance Department Manager is also responsible for leading all safety initiatives and developing a world class safety culture in all areas of their responsibility. Also, reduce maintenance expenses, create a culture of continuous improvement in the Maintenance Department and develop direct reports and organizational capability within the department.
- Create a culture and belief that all equipment failures are preventable. Improve equipment and machinery reliability through RCM approach. Develop procedures for Reliability Centered Maintenance and lead team towards this RCM approach.
- Build organizational capability in the application of lean tools specifically 6S and TPM’s. Maximize plant uptime and equipment process capability through an effective predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (mechanical, electrical).
- Identify equipment to improve availability, capability, and yield. Evaluate equipment improvements; review detailed data, analyze data, and report results.
- Perform equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
- Troubleshoot and diagnose difficult, infrequent problems with equipment.
- Prepare technical reports to document equipment modifications and write equipment maintenance procedures.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
- 3+ years of supervisory / leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading an RCM program is essential.
- Experience with evaluating and recommending new equipment and process improvements through lean concepts and principles.
- Successful candidate will have practical experience in a manufacturing / industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean Manufacturing operations.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills. Strong presentation skills, listening skills organizational/prioritization and decision-making skills. Detail oriented and results driven.
- Experience effectively coaching employees and giving performance feedback. Ability to motivate, train and develop others within area of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment.
Client offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.