In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking experienced Electrical Automation Engineers – Steel Making to support our client’s new steelmaking facility near Mobile, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will provide on-site Electrical Automation Engineering support through technical leadership and continuous optimization of process improvement projects within the highly automated Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Facility, Vacuum Tank Degasser, and Caster to meet the Client’s business goals.
- Provide technical leadership and support in the following:
- Continuous improvement projects to increase reliability, quality, and efficiency of the production process focusing on automatic control systems and associated field devices.
- Root cause failure analysis
- Planning improvement activities utilizing SAP software.
- Train, coach, and mentor maintenance technicians and operations team members
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and provide training within the maintenance and operations organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Industrial Electricity or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct experience in electrical automation in manufacturing, commissioning, or service for electrical automation systems, preferred in steel or similar heavy industry; 10+ years’ direct experience preferred.
- Proficiency with:
- Industrial process automation systems, with focus on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), such as GE P80i, Siemens S7, Siemens TIA Portal, logi.CAD
- Motor Control utilizing Variable Frequency Drives, including regulation via PLC systems.
- Industrial communication systems, such as LAN systems, Profibus, Profinet, Canbus
- Continuous optimization of process automation systems utilizing process data acquisition systems, such as ibaAnalyzer
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate experience with industrial instrumentation and Human Machine Interface Systems
- Familiar with Open Platform Communications (OPC) and OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA)
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Systems preferred
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.