In support of our client, a leading provider of network software and hardware-based solutions, ResourceTek is seeking a Manufacturing Planner to join their team in Huntsville, AL.
The right candidate will be responsible for demand planning and release coordination for select products. Engage and working with contract manufacturing and/or Client internal manufacturing in supporting delivery, logistic shipment, and product quality to ensure Client customer order is fulfilled within the targeted/committed date. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule sales orders and plan, change, and execute the schedules.
- Interface with all departments within the organization to ensure scheduling success.
- Coordinate the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, and engineering.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the movement of material through the production cycle.
- Follow the flow of materials from order through receipt, production, inspection, and shipping.
- Prepare and issue status reports concerning current production.
- Determine material requirements from engineering and production schedules.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
- 2-5 years of experience in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a production-planning environment with a high-volume electronics manufacturer.
- A thorough working knowledge of inventory control and processes is required.
- Business Analytics experience required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel.
- Able to learn BaaN Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software and Oracle.
- APICS certification preferred.
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.