In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer – Steel Making to support industrial capital projects at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a direct hire opportunity.
In this role, you will perform Mechanical Engineering functions for Construction and Maintenance of a new Electric Arc Furnace Melting and Casting Facility. Coordinate with 3rd party Engineering and Construction activities. Develop and execute Mechanical Equipment Maintenance Program.
- Participate as part of the Project Team on Mechanical Engineering and Construction for the new melt shop. Ensure the new facility is designed for optimal operability and maintenance.
- Quality review of construction activities pertaining to Mechanical Equipment manufacturing and installation.
- Participate as part of the Commissioning Team for the new melt shop.
- Development of Equipment Maintenance Program for an Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Furnace, Vacuum Tank Degasser, Caster, Material Handling systems, utilities, and associated supporting equipment.
- Technical support for the project management group, from the feasibility study phase to the coordination of the final acceptance tests, ensuring the technical quality, as well as ensuring the correct technical documentation after commissioning or changes.
- Establish the minimum technical requirements necessary to purchase or modify equipment and/or systems by maintaining technical standards based on national, international, or corporate standards, incorporating new technologies whenever necessary.
- Ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Prepare and present reports and findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Observe safety, review accident/incident reports and assist in investigations as required.
- Lead, support, participate in, and develop improvement programs and project groups.
- Support management in optimizing quality, cost, reliability, and performance of equipment.
- Coordinate and direct personnel as required.
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability.
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect.
- Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Facility, Vacuum Tank Degasser, and Caster Maintenance knowledge
- Hydraulic Systems
- Vacuum Systems
- Material Handling
- Emissions Control Systems; Bag Houses
- Reliability Engineering Practices
- Predictive Maintenance including vibration, infrared, ultrasound, etc.
- Steel processing knowledge
- Excellent communications skills working with both professionals, operations/maintenance personnel, and construction trades.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience (10+ years of experience) engineering or maintenance in a steel manufacturing environment
- SAP Plant Maintenance experience
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.