In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Electrical Project Manager to support industrial CAPEX projects at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. The right candidate will provide Electrical Engineering support functions for construction and maintenance of a new Electric Arc Furnace. This is a long-term, consulting opportunity.
- Review of electrical packages for accuracy and compliance to plant requirements and to ensure production workflow and future production growth.
- Manage general and subcontractors for schedule adherence to the overall project requirements, including technical specifications, material compliance, schedule, and safety.
- Correct schedule issues that could have a negative effect and develop a solution to correct them.
- Monitored the changes to the scope and prints and to monitor the work on them to keep the project on schedule and to ensure the contractors are within the pricing for the work.
- Communicating with engineering and contractors, orally, listening and in writing, to keep the work moving forward and to ensure the entire team is on the same page.
- Knowledge of electrical installations, codes, and construction methods.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of electrical design documents, in various stages of design completion.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Working knowledge in construction software or other job cost scheduling software experience preferred.
- Must be skilled in prioritizing, problem solving, multi-tasking and organizing.
- 5+ years of experience in managing the installation of industrial electrical systems and equipment, including motors and drives, etc.
- An AS / BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in industrial construction and/or electrical systems is preferred.
- Experience managing contractors in the field and ensuring adherence to engineering drawings/electrical diagrams as well as safe work practices per client standards.
ResourceTek provides industry leading compensation package including PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.