In support of our client, a professional engineering services company, we are seeking a talented Structural Engineering Manager to join their team located in Tullahoma, TN on a direct hire, full time basis.
The Structural Engineering Manager for the Engineering Department is responsible for the oversight of all development of technical competence for the Engineering Structural Team. Selected candidate would be responsible for the review and improvement of all engineering processes, technical excellence, technical training, review of key project deliverables, a consultant for innovation, and overall project competence in structural engineering. This includes mentoring key leaders for the continued growth of the department and company capacity. The selected candidate would be responsible for managing personnel issues related to the team, including performance reviews, career planning, and development of people as needed.
Typical projects include the structural design of wind tunnels, rocket and jet engine test stands, launch facilities, automotive and aerospace test facilities, and other unique structural systems associated with research and development and other advanced test facilities. In this role, you will join a known leader in the industry and work on high level engineering projects for various industries and governments.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Preliminary design and analysis in support of the Sales Team.
- Structural engineering, analysis and support including member sizing, connection development, seismic consideration, and stair/rail design for both green space and existing projects.
- Create structural calculation packages and review drawings for stamping and submission to municipal permitting offices.
- Combine client requirements for design with company fabrication methods through collaboration and creativity.
- Interface with fellow detailers and project managers in order to achieve appropriate, timely deliverables.
- Participating in relationship development though intentional problem solving and collaboration with clients and partners.
Qualified applicants should have:
- MS Degree or Higher in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or related Engineering field preferred. Minimum requirement is a BS Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited program
- PE or SE License preferred
- 15+ years’ experience of Structural Engineering
- Proficient in the structural design in one or more of the following areas:
- Linear and non-linear finite element analysis (including STAAD, ANSYS, and Advanced Steel)
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 1 & 2
- Dynamic and impact loading including non-linear behavior
- Blast loading (UFC 3-340-02) structures to resist the effects of accidental explosions
- Vibration Structural Response Analysis, including fatigue analysis
- Familiarity with 3D steel detailing programs
Company provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes group medical, paid holidays and vacation, and more.