Utility Pipe Designer with experience using Auto CAD 3D
This position works directly with Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Landscape Architects, Surveyors, and Designers to produce 3D CAD generated drawings primarily for water services group's projects.
• Two year degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting, Surveying and or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience, or other relevant combination of education and/ or experience
• Applies practical knowledge through progressive experience to resolve issues.
• Strong working knowledge of Auto CAD, Auto CAD 3D civil, Microstation, and other essential equipment for field and office work. (REVIT experiencec a big plus).
• Create clear and graphically representational documents utilizing computer assisted engineering and design software ensuring project deliverables are made according to specification.
• Work is submitted to licensed professional for approval/ stamp.
• Develops project plans from preliminary drawings and sketches and runs plots for finished projects.
• Sizes various components, refines rough sketches, and notes to consider measurements and other specifications.
• Recommends minor design changes to Engineers, Architects, LA's.
• Updates master schedules and details.
• May assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects and attends client meetings.
• May perform design calculations.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Mentors less experienced designers offering advice and knowledge to support other projects.
• Timeliness & Quality of work and budget adherence. • Utilization rates align with goal.
• Embrace our Purpose, Vision, and Value.
• Walk, sit, and stand. Occasionally reach with hands, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/ numeric symbols and perform design responsbilities.. • Ability to adapt quickly and respond effectively to project issues that arise.
This is a part-time to full-time contract position that will be working in the Peachtree Corners area of Atlanta, GA. Indications are that depending on the background and experience of the selected individual they may be considered to become a direct employee with our client.