In partnership with our client, we are seeking a Manufacturing Department Manager to join their team near Huntsville, AL.
The right candidate will provide leadership to managers and when required manage first-level supervisors and/or professional staff; develops departmental plans including business, production, and organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and department objectives. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Manage the activities of a manufacturing department, consisting of more than one major operational unit, with consideration for the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Develops goals and objectives for the department that are aligned with those of Manufacturing. Develop, define, and lead the implementation of plans, actions, and measurements to meet department goals.
- Measure and evaluate execution of the plans and make appropriate adjustments to meet the aligned goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of the existing manufacturing systems including the computer systems, steel making processes, material flow and handling schemes, quality systems and process control techniques.
- Define and communicate performance expectations for salaried staff and coach and counsel them in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Develops and is responsible for managing departmental budget.
- Promotes and ensures a safe workplace.
- Four-year college degree, in Engineering or Metallurgy preferred. High School Diploma required.
- 8+ years of experience at a lower-level manager position or Manufacturing Engineer position.
- Experience in hot working alloy steel preferred. Experience with metals would be a big plus.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of the Toyota Production System / Lean manufacturing is required.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems including computer systems, steel making processes, material flow and handling schemes, quality systems and process control techniques.
- Proven ability managing resources to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees. Equal Opportunity Employer.