In support of our client, a state goverment entity, ResourceTek is searching for a Rail State Safety Oversight Management Analyst for a long-term, contract assignment starting in March 2021; located in the State of Georgia. This work will be performed as part of the Rail and State Safety Oversight (SSO) Program and is a full-time position. Potential candidate's background and experience must meet the following descriptions and qualifications:
State Safety Oversight Management Analyst provides advanced assistance to the fixed-guideway rail State Safety Oversight Program Manager in the management and delivery of the SSO Program. The SSO Management Analyst provides guidance, and professional expertise in reviewing and commenting on Rail Transit Agency documents, plans and reports submitted to the State Safety Oversight Program; provides professional administration and guidance of compliance with independent, regulatory, and third party audits and/or reviews; Assists in monitoring consultant staff providing support to the SSO Program in order to assure performance, level of effort and technical appropriateness; and monitors progress of program delivery against established goals. The SSO Management Analyst assists the SSO Program Manager to establish goals, objectives, priorities and policies to meet the requirements of the FTA's State Safety Oversight regulations, and assure compliance with the requirements of 49 U.S. Code 5329 Public Transportation Safety Program/Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) Sections 3013, 3020, 3021, 3022; and 49 CFR Part 674; 49 CFR Part 672; 49 CFR Part 673; 49 CFR Part 670; 49 CFR Part 625; and 49 CFR Part 630; and the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, Title 32 Chapter 9 Section 32-9-10.
- 10 years of progressive experience managing a state Rail Safety Oversight Program under 49 CFR 659 and/or 674, OR managing a Safety Department for a public heavy and/or light rail system.
- Current certification by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Current Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) Certification from the Transportation Safety Institute
- Experience managing federally funded rail transit safety and security transportation programs
- Demonstrated experience interacting with others to influence, motivate, and deliver successful program outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience developing, preparing and writing responsive review comments, correspondence, and reports
- Demonstrated experience in written and oral communication corresponding with federal, state and local agency partners
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
This is a transit oriented position focused on the MARTA and Atlanta Streetcar Fixed-Rail Systems. The Rail SSO Management Analyst will act as the independent, third party oversight of the fixed rail operators, following FTA guidelines, as an accident investigation, mitigation, prevention function in Atlanta, GA.
ResourceTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a comprehesive benefits package.