In partnership with our client, a global leader in metals manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to support industrial capital projects at our client’s Mobile, AL manufacturing facility. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY/PURPOSE OF POSITION
Direct and manage the production process for the Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Facility, and Degassing. Responsible for safety, quality, and overall cost for Melting and Refining.
- Direct management of the operations staff for the Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Facility, Degassing, and associated operational support
- Develop and maintain the knowledge/skills, structure, and staffing of the operations staff
- Performance management of the operations staff
- Responsible to manage the cost of operations to produce liquid steel including budget development, justification, and control
- Responsible for quality performance of liquid steel production
- Control and monitoring of main process performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEEs), etc.
- Continuous Improvement of the Melting and Refining Process
- Manage 3rd party services for scrap and slag handling, etc.
- Responsible for Environmental Compliance per the regulatory permits
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge in Metallurgy, Scrap Management, Raw Materials to include Hot Briquetted Iron (HBI), Direct Reduced Iron (DRI), Pig Iron, etc.
- Knowledge of Electric Arc Furnace Melting, Refining, and RH Degassing
- Strong computer skills to include SAP and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of environmental protection
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
- B.S. in Engineering or related field, or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years of experience in Steel Making
- 10+ years of experience in management position in steel industry
Client provides industry leading compensation package including relocation, annual bonus, PTO, holidays, etc. Equal Opportunity Employer.