In support of our client, an Industrial Fabricator and Installer, ResourceTek is seeking an experienced Project Manager with mechanical experience all the way from project inception, to job planning and fabrication and installation oversight. This role is located in Wilson, NC and is a project-based contract opportunity with an expected duration of 6+ months. This position has the potential to go direct for the right candidate at the end of the 6 months.
In this position, you will be responsible for day to day management of mechanical design, fabrication, and installation projects. This includes helping put together estimates, working with engineers on designs, coordinating with shops for fabrication, creating schedules, helping plan resources (people, equipment and consumables), and helping ensure installations stay on track per the schedule. This assignment would require previous experience in project management and job planning. Mechanical engineering experienced is preferred as well.
- Working with other engineers and contractors coordinating in the design, lay out, and detail of manufacturing equipment
- Project planning & scheduling including coordinating with other business units to ensure timelines are met
- Working with the machine / fabrication shop providing oversight and coordination of the fabrication, demolition, and installation of industrial manufacturing equipment
- Monitor and coordinate contractor field activities, including HSE
- Coordinate efforts with internal Engineers and Managers, Designers, and Vendors to resolve installation issues
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and work on various projects at the same time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- 3-5-years of Project Management experience is preferred (experience in projects involving sheet metal and steel structures is ideal)
- Proficiency in reviewing 2D drawings and 3D models is required (experience in Solidworks and AutoCAD is preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Project and Microsoft Office Products
- Some semi-local travel is required (within 3-hour radius of Wilson, NC)
ResourceTek offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package including employee medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, and supplemental insurances.
ResourceTek - An Equal Opportunity