Paint Production Assistant Manager
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a leader in automotive OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Paint Production Assistant Manager to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Lead the establishment and ramp-up of paint production at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Collaborate with Japanese team members
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and support Group Leaders through Team Members in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Lead Strategic Planning for sustainable daily operations
- Ensure alignment of activities to support the business plan
- Share information and communicate goals
- Support Takt Change planning, line rebalancing, trials, and training activities
- Introduction of new models
- Create group leader development plans and coach the members
- Support introduction of new paint technologies when applicable
- Develop standardize work instruction for each production process
- Manage shop safety program and manage timely implementation of countermeasures to resolve problems
- Ensure daily process quality and coordinate activities with the team to improve paint quality
- Promote problem solving activities within and outside of the department
- Lead activity to eliminate production bottle necks and/or chronic downtime
- Identify waste in paint processes and implement activities to improve efficiency
- Cultivate a workforce that is representative of Diversity and Inclusion initiative
- Bachelor's Degree Technical, Management, or Business or equivalent professional experience
- Professional or Managerial Experience in automotive manufacturing with a large team
- Understanding of the different paint processes and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental requirements
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes.
- Budget planning experience (to include both operating and capital budgets)
- Supervisory Experience
- Strong ability to problem-solve with a high mechanical and chemical understanding
- Ability to work 2nd shift, rotating shifts, shutdowns, and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.