ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, a leader in automotive OEM automotive industry, ResourceTek is seeking a Paint Engineer to join their team in Huntsville, AL. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Lead the establishment and ramp-up of paint production at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Collaborate with Japanese Advisors
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and support Team Leaders through Team Members in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Lead and coach production team to achieve hourly/daily objectives
- Ensure alignment of activities to support the business plan
- Share information and communicate goals
- Support takt change planning, line rebalancing, trials, and training activities
- Support new model activities
- Create team leader development plans and coach the team members
- Support introduction of new paint technologies when applicable
- Develop standardize work instruction for each production process
- Support shop safety initiatives and manage timely implementation of countermeasures to resolve problems
- Ensure daily process quality and coordinate activities with the team to improve paint quality
- Promote problem solving activities within the team
- Identify waste in paint processes and implement activities to improve efficiency
- Cultivate a workforce that is representative of Diversity and Inclusion initiative
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical, Management or Business) or equivalent professional experience
- Professional or Managerial Experience in automotive manufacturing with a team
- Understanding of the different paint processes and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental requirements
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes.
- Supervisory Experience
- Strong ability to lead problem solving activities within a paint environment
- Ability to work 2nd shift, rotating shifts, shutdowns, and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including. Equal Opportunity Employer.