The purpose of the CNC/Laser Programmer role is to create and edit CNC and/or Laser programs for equipment used in the production of machined and fabricated parts. The Programmer will support new and existing products.
- Develop and refine CNC and/or Laser programs and support tooling for machined and fabricated parts using Unigraphics and CAD.
- Ability to set up and operate CNC and/or Laser equipment, including, but not limited to, mills, lathes, and plasma tables and lasers.
- Perform various functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic workpieces, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math.
- Read and interpret blueprint, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tool requirement, set-up procedure, control setup, and machining methods and sequences for all machines in department.
- Set up simple to moderately complex jobs in order to cut, shape or form small diameter, close tolerance parts, including pointed parts, following standard charts. Set up and operate secondary equipment and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
- Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachments and workpiece on machine. Position the workpiece on the CNC machine tool.
- Run production per schedule. Schedule work so that all of the machines are always running.
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Review setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished workpiece.
- Work from established procedures and prescribed operation sequences to achieve parts per print and quality specifications.
- Modify the program using the control module to eliminate problems or improve the speed and accuracy of the program.
- Perform own part inspection during the machining process to measure workpiece to check that it matches specifications, using a broad range of measuring instruments such as microscope, optical comparator, micrometer, caliper, dial indicators and gauges.
- Maintain housekeeping at and around department.
- Wear all personal protective equipment necessary to task and area.
- Follow all quality systems and operating procedures as applies to certifications, duties, and training matrix.
- Follow all rules and regulations, including safety rules.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by management.
- Ability to comprehend blueprints, sketches, diagrams and written instructions (written or verbal)
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and method including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, problem analysis and problem resolution, strong team player, attention to detail, product development, and the ability to think ahead and plan.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of CAD.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- 1-2 Years’ Experience CNC Programming, preferably on laser and plasma tables.
- Experience with Trumpf and Messer Equipment a plus
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings