In support of our client, a leader in automotive manufacturing, we are seeking an experienced Equipment Planning Engineer located near Birmingham, AL. This is a long-term, multi-year contract opportunity.
Under general supervision ensures tooling and equipment needs derived from change management, process requirements, CI-activities and additional inputs are implemented within safety, quality, timing, and cost targets. Utilizes a controlled and standardized approach for overall implementation and plant wide communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support engineering change coordination meetings as required
- Perform engineering change and align new equipment concepts, specifications, and layouts.
- Create production startup support plan
- Coordinate design reviews with the project stakeholders to include all project aspects
- Coordinate with IPS to define supplier list
- Receive and compare quotations from potential suppliers in conjunction with IPS
- Create Purchase Requisitions, Work with IPS on awarding process, including justifications.
- Define buyoff documentation package required.
- Lead supplier kickoff with all stakeholders
- Coordinate design reviews with the project stakeholders
- Provide shipping approval by inspecting the equipment at the supplier’s site
- Provide project management for the installation of new equipment
- Plan, monitor, and control Project schedule, Project costs, Project Risks, and Project changes.
- Work with FP for demo or de-commissioning activities to ensure all aspects are considered
- Lead Commissioning and Buyoff Process – ensure all stakeholders are included and right documentation is utilized, and punch lists are maintained
- Ensure all plant training needs are met and on time
- Project support to monitor equipment readiness during change implementation
- Ensure all equipment is installed and runs per the design
- Coordinate the execution of all Machine Capability studies by ET
- Coordinate the execution of all Process Capability studies needed to verify equipment changes before start PT2
- Ensure all documentation is executed per the timeline
- Lead closure of punch list items
- Monitor daily/weekly equipment performance for systemic issues that could be addressed through hardware or software improvements
- Work with Maintenance/Engineering to find appropriate solutions to systemic issues caused by the implementation of the new equipment.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment capabilities against future build ratio changes and update planning accordingly
- Ensure final documentation for buyoffs is completed per the timeline
- Maintain regular communication to TOC/other plants to stay up to speed on upcoming technologies
- Handover equipment to production and maintenance
- Perform safe work practices and participate in trainings and safety programs in a positive and proactive way by following safety rules, procedures, regulations, standards, and laws.
- Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to supervisor or Human Resources.
- Work safely 100% of the time.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering, or related area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in an engineering-oriented environment with a manufacturing setting, with strong emphasis on equipment and tooling projects, project management, and strong hands-on capabilities.
- Flexibility to support organization needs and demands
- Knowledge in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Widespread understanding of how machines are integrated into a manufacturing system
- Project Management - timeline management, risk management
- Problem solving
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information, both verbally and in writing.
- Work experience with equipment and tooling related issues
- Experience in project management and in leading problem-solving groups
- Knowledge in system applications such as SAP, CAD
- Machine shop experience and proficiency
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.