ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In partnership with our client, ResourceTek is seeking a Customer Service Associate to join their team in Columbus, GA.
- the balance due for customer payments. Receives and processes payments on water and sewer accounts from customers. Maintains and balances payments received via phone and website. Enters and posts all cash receipts into the computer database system. Assist in mail processing using the Cannon PC Mail Processor. Closes out and balances cash registers to ensure accuracy and timeliness in bank deposits. Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand. Prepares deposit slips for bank deposits. Maintains the Mail Postage machine for outgoing mail and sort interoffice mail to be distributed. Performs administrative duties in support of cashiering operations such as typing letters, reports, and general correspondence.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Identifies the balance due for customer payments.
- Accepts payments in the form of cash, checks, money orders, and/or credit/debit cards.
- Maintains and balances payments and edit sheets received via IVR and Web site as well as outside vendor payments and reports
- Issues receipt to customers after payments are made, when applicable.
- Enters and records amounts received into IBM AS-400 database system. Prepares reports of all transactions.
- Closes out and balances cash registers to ensure accuracy and timeliness in bank deposits; reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Prepares deposit slips for bank deposits.
- Adjusts handles or refers customer complaints regarding billing or service rendered.
- Furnishes general information to customers regarding water services and billing inquiries.
- Daily creates Non-Payment service reconnection request to be dispatched for service restoration.
- Maintains daily log of all service order request for reconnection created by cashier.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative account keeping and related tasks, to include typing letters, reports and general correspondence.
- May operate mail extracting and Cannon PC mail processing posting equipment to receive and process customer bills.
- May route and receive general incoming and interoffice mail.
- Researches and adjusts accordingly any non-posted or incorrectly posted accounts under the direction of Senior Cashier.
- May serve in capacity of customer service representative or receptionist in support of office operations.
- REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum of one year of cash handling experience required in a customer service environment. Knowledge of general office administration procedures required. Good oral and written communication skills required. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals required. Must be knowledgeable of Word, Outlook, and possess calculator skills.
Must read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Must write simple correspondence. Must effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Must add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply general understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate general office equipment, to include telephone switchboard, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, mail extracting and Cannon PC mail processing and posting equipment, cash register, Postage machine and CRT/computer to include Word, Outlook, and Excel. Good knowledge of general office operations and procedures. Good communication skills, ability to speak distinctly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.