In support of our client, a southeastern based chemical manufacturer, ResourceTek is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor for a Temporary-to-Direct Hire opportunity located in the Northeast Georgia area and starting immediately.
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
To assume the supervisor responsibilities and capable of performing as a mechanical maintenance technician, working in multiple plants, overseeing the performance of preventative and on-going daily maintenance of process equipment in 3 manufacturing plants; all located within 20 minutes of each other.
Duties and responsibilities
● Complies with all corporate and plant policies, procedures, guidelines, and work instructions pertaining to safety.
● Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all plants and keeps current with preventive/daily mechanical maintenace technology and advancements through seminars and training schools.
● Installs, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs Pumps, valves, hydraulic equipment, fans, heaters/chillers and all other plant and process equipment
● Maintains / troubleshoots pneumatic and hydraulic equipment on routine or emergency basis
● Checks and troubleshoots pumps, drives and valves; changing out bad equipment
● After proper approval from Maintenance Project Engineer, modifies and revises existing equipment for optimum performance
● After proper approval from Maintenance Project Engineer, updates all preventive maintenance schedules to insure continued performance of equipment.
● Performs preventive maintenance (PM’s) when scheduled.
● Threads, cuts, bends and installs process piping for new installations
● Troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates pumps and valves of all sizes in collaboration with electrical/instrumentation technicians
● Assists in and performs other maintenance functions as directed or required
● Responds to call-outs for after hour service
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this job include:
● Associates Degree in mechanical maintenance is preferred
● Trade school and or 8 years’ experience in chemical plant mechanical maintenance
● Mechanical aptitude and ability
● Must be able to communicate in English
● Proficiency in operation of manual and power-driven tools and equipment
● Ability to read blueprints and to apply shop mathematics
● Proficiency in performing required operation, sequences and tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy
This position has exposure to the chemical production area of the plant. Hard hats and safety
glasses are required on the production floor and area at all times. Must be able to work in a
warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32°F up to 105°F as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
Physical demands consisting standing, and walking. Physical requirements involve 25% sitting,
75% walking/standing, and minimum lifting requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
Must be able to:
● Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects tools or controls
● See and hear in the normal range with or without correction
● Communicate and be understood verbally and in written form
● Ability to lift and carry up to up to 50 pounds, frequently.
● Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
● Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet, on occasion.
● Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32 up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
● Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
● Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching
● Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to SOP for facial hair guidelines.
● Able to work in a non-smoking, tobacco free site
● Ability to wear all required PPE including FR uniform, safety footwear, and arc-flash (HRC 4) suits.