Mechanical Maintenance Manager
ResourceTek is the Human Capital division of Barge Design Solutions, a multi-discipline Engineering and Architecture firm. We specialize in providing technical recruitment and staffing services to industry and government in all areas of Engineering, Information Technology, and a broad range of other Technical disciplines.
In support of our client, a leader in steel finishing, we are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Manager near Mobile, AL. The right candidates will be responsible for Mechanical Maintenance of an Electric Arc Furnace, Ladle Metallurgy Furnace, Vacuum Tank Degassing, Caster, Bag House, and associated support equipment. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Build a new high performing Mechanical Maintenance Team; specify roles/responsibilities/skills, identify, and select successful candidates
- Leads Maintenance team including performance management, succession planning, resource allocation, and skills development
- Accountable for motivation, retention, development, and training of team members
- Accountable for achieving KPIs (safety, reliability, throughput, quality, cost) established in the business plan
- Drives standard work processes, KPI visibility, accountability, and action planning across organization
- Accountable for development, implementation, and adherence to the Equipment Maintenance Program
- Development and adherence to the Repair and Maintenance budget
- Benchmarks performance against similar facilities to identify improvement opportunities
- Drives business planning, budgeting, budget control
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001 (current version), IATF 16949 (current version), and ISO 17025 (current version)
- EAF, LMF, VTD, Caster, and Bag House maintenance knowledge
- Combustion systems, burners, injectors, etc.
- Vacuum pumps and systems
- Material Handling Systems; conveyors, hoppers, silos, weighing systems, etc.
- Crane Maintenance
- Maintenance of utilities, water systems, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, etc.
- Proven ability to lead teams to positive results
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with maintenance, operations and continuous improvement processes and concepts
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and high degree of professionalism
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, distill, and analyze data
- WCM, Lean, or RCM implementation experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- Experience of Green or Brownfield Steel Mill startups
- 8-10+ years of leadership experience in steel manufacturing and maintenance
- Track record of improvement projects that increased reliability, throughput, yield, or generated cost savings
Company offers an excellent benefits package. Equal Opportunity Employer.