In support of Barge Design Solutions, we are seeking a Survey Technician in the Panama City/Destin, FL area. This is a project-based assignment, potentially transitioning into long-term.
- This position reports to the PLS, Field Crew Party Chief and LSIT.
- Receives training on surveying tasks from the Party Chief, LSIT, and PLS
- Ensures that all survey equipment is in proper operating condition and reports deficiencies to the PLS.
- Operates and maintains survey instruments, which includes:
- Automatic levels
- GPS receivers
- Robotic Total stations
- Data collectors
- Communicates with project team members, client representatives, and others as appropriate to project.
- Performs other duties as required
- Valid driver’s license
- 2+ years’ experience as a Survey Field Technician preferred
- Knowledge of survey software and coordinate geometry software
- Secondary Education with an emphasis in Surveying, Engineering, or Geography, a plus.
- Trimble GPS and Robotics experience is a plus.
- Ability to self-perform work with minimal oversight.
- Work in harsh environments must be expected (wetlands, heavy brush, wildlife, etc.).
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client and/or project demands.
- Ability to work out of town with overnight travel whenever required to complete projects.
- Walk, sit, stand, frequently reach with hands, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequently lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to walk or climb uneven terrain that consists of various changing vegetation, material, and incline on a construction site
- Visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/numeric symbols for computation and design
- Ability to handle tools such as axes, machetes, bush axes, sledgehammers, and shovels
- Occasionally drive a company owned vehicle
ResourceTek offers industry leading compensation and benefits. An Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.