In support of our client, a global automotive supplier, we are searching for a contract Mechanical CAD Designer with Creo/Windchill experience to join their team located in Muscatine, IA. This is a long-term contract opportunity that has an expected duration of 12 months.
In this role, the selected candidates will provide CAD Design & Engineering support to the clients manufacturing and commercial dealer systems operations through design and drafting to support new equipment, facilities, and processes.
- Candidates will complete drawing tasks within scope, budget and schedule and provide design assistance to other Designers and Engineers as needed.
- Engineering Design & Development, Installation, and Support:
- Perform drafting and detailing utilizing corporate design and drafting computer tools (Creo/Pro-E) in areas of machine design
- Provide detailing of engineer concepts
- Assist in designing new machines and processes
- Improve safety of existing machines and processes
- Improve quality of existing processes
- Use of Windchill for CAD data management and revision control
- Candidate will be visiting manufacturing plants and commercial franchised dealers to study processes and consult with personnel as needed
- Convey information to plants regarding equipment and process improvements
- Participate and contribute to the improvement of the department's design and drafting process
- The selected candidate should have experience with heavy industry, machine layout, and MEP in an industrial environment.
- Ability to read assembly/details and provide design studies and CAD data checks required.
- Collaboration within GES is required including the electrical engineering team, project engineering team and the process engineering team, to make decisions regarding machine hardware and manufacturing processes
- Support department engineers on global capital projects to meet time and budget commitments.
- CAD Requirements- Minimum 7 years’ experience with Creo/Windchill software
- Lead CAD Personnel and coordinate work requests to CAD Personnel
- Maintain plant layout and updates
- Maintain library and wide format plotter/scanner
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, including both written and verbal communications
- Must be willing to travel domestically up to 10% to support the clients manufacturing plants and the commercial dealer systems with technical issues and equipment installations
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed to achieve company goals
ResourceTek offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, etc.